TECHNOLOGY TEAM BEING CREATED
We are in the process of creating a Technology Committee to be trained and create a schedule of who would help with the technology during our Sunday worship services and possibly with the utilizing of Zoom during meetings throughout the month. If you would be willing to help the congregation in this way please let Pastor Beth know.
YOUTH NIGHT EVENT - WEDNESDAY, JULY 21st
2021 SUMMER CAMPS!
We are excited to be hosting our summer camps again this year.
There is a new Family Camp that is being offered at Mt. Morris on June 4th-6th. This is an opportunity to experience Mt. Morris as a family! Prices are based per person. There is also a $50.00 voucher being offered per family unit.
All registration information is on wdcamping.com web site.
PLUS 50 RETREAT AT MT. MORRIS - AUGUST 12-15th
Registration begins @ 4 p.m. on Thursday followed by dinner at 5:30 p.m. We end with breakfast and worship on Sunday. Cost per person is $200 which includes all meals and 3 nights lodging in Black Oak Lodge.
Reserve your spot now with a $75 deposit by July 1.
Our registrar ……………….Myrna Peil - Email: email@example.com or call 920-333-0447
Our program director ………..Rev. Mary Lou Plummer - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715-451-9992
Our musician… …………Jason Pues
Registration forms available in the church office.
BOARD OF ELDERS - UPDATE - JUNE 2021
The Elders met on the evening of June 15th in-person and via Zoom
- We received reports from the pastor and various committees.
- We reviewed our Covid-19 guidelines again with review of the metrics from the past month. The following updates were decided on and approved:
- Masks will be optional (We recommend that those who are unvaccinated use them, as well as those who like to have this as an extra measure of protection. We will have extras at the church for those who either do not have one or forgot it at home.)
- We request those who come to use hand sanitizer when they get here and as they leave. (We will continue to provide little bottles in the pews.)
- Physical distancing is no longer required, but we ask that you use your best discretion, seeking to respect those who may not yet be comfortable being in closer proximity.
- There will be congregational singing of hymns. We recommend that if you are unvaccinated that you wear a mask while singing (as per CDC guidelines).
- We made the decision to move our 9 a.m. in-person service back into the sanctuary except for the 1st Sunday of the each month (through September) which will be held outside by the fire-pit.
- We affirmed that we will continue with our two worship service times in the same manner over the summer – 9 a.m. – In-person & 10:15 a.m. – Online (Zoom and YouTube Live)
- We continued to plan for the July 4th popcorn and refreshments stand. We made the decision to use our parking lot for handicap parking but will not open it up until 7 p.m. We will be in contact with the city to let them know in case they would like to put a handicap accessible port-a-potty by the parking lot. Pastor Beth will create a Sign-Up Genius for volunteer and providing of baked goods and beverages and Trudy will create a sign-up sheet that will be put at the church.
- We are still working on letters to let those who have been missing that we miss them. These will be going out over the next month.
- We affirmed the continued exploration of the request by the PEC to be a part of the Digital Campus pilot program.
- We discussed and shared the feedback that we have heard from the congregation
- We closed ourselves with prayer.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES - UPDATE - MAY 2021
Next update will be in the August newsletter.
THE GROUND OF THE UNITY
At the District Synod, Rev. Heather Vacek, spoke about the Ground of the Unity in her talks. This document is based on earlier statements about the practices and beliefs of the Moravian Church. Below is a portion from this document.
PRAYER OF SERVANTHOOD
O God, our help in ages past, our hope for years to come. We give you thanks for your constant presence. Through seasons of stability and change, you are with us, calling us out of ourselves into the world to serve others. Grant that we may be united in love for each other and for those we haven’t yet met. Grant us wisdom, patience, and perseverance as we work through the details and challenges of the ministry you have placed before us. Continue, O Lord, to bless the work of our hands. Bless the work of our hands.