CHURCH COUNCIL RESULTS
Our “Annual Church Council” was done a bit differently this year, but with success. The Town Hall meeting allowed for questions and good information to be given as well as setting our slate of nominees for boards and CEC. Then the mailing of the ballot allowed for the voting of meeting. The results were:
Br. Gregory Behrend, pastor of Our Savior’s Moravian Church in Altura, MN, will be consecrated a Presbyter in the Moravian Church on Saturday, March 20 at 12 noon, with Bishop Kay Ward as the consecrating bishop. Greg was ordained a Deacon in the Moravian Church on June 24, 2017. Consecration as Presbyter is the second order of ministry.
The service of Consecration will be a hybrid worship service, with both in-person and livestreaming available. Those who wish to participate in person will be expected to wear masks, observe all CDC guidelines, and MUST register in advance with Greg so that the congregation may monitor the number of people in the sanctuary to adhere to state and local guidelines.
If you wish to attend in person, email Greg by March 17 at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to watch virtually, go to YouTube link for live stream: https://youtu.be/vZcdIkOv8vs
Please keep Br. Greg, his wife Amy, their children, and extended family in your prayers at this time of affirmation and celebration.
BOOK SALE - CHAIR PERSON STILL NEEDED
The time of the book sale has come and gone. We are hopeful that we will be able to offer this outreach in 2020, but to do so we need your help. Jody has asked to step down from this role of coordinating this program. She is willing to help mentor anyone who might feel called and be willing to take on the role of coordinating this ministry of our congregation. If this might be you, please contact Pastor Beth (and/or Jody).
BOARD OF ELDERS - UPDATE - FEBRUARY 2021
The Elders met on the evening of February 16, 2021 via Zoom:
- We appointed our Vice-Chair – Trudy Knipple and our Secretary – Diane Renner.
- We received reports from the pastor and various committees.
- We designated Sunday, February 28 for Joint Board installation.
- We finalized plans for Ash Wednesday and mid-week Lenten services.
- We made the difficult decision to postpone Confirmation Sunday until September so that the students have ample time to be ready and so that we may be able to celebrate with them as a church body more in the way we are accustomed.
- We began to discuss recreating a stewardship committee.
- We discussed where we stand in terms of gatherings with respect to the Covid numbers. We decided to resume in-person gatherings using the same precautions we had in place last fall (masks worn in the building, physical distancing of at least 6 feet, sanitize/wash hands – no more than 35 people in the sanctuary at one time). Our in-person worship will resume at 9 a.m. with congregational response, but no congregational singing. We will continue our 10:15 a.m. service as it has been going.
- We began to look at ways to reach out to members of the congregation who are not as connected, letting them know they are missed.
- We closed ourselves with prayer.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES - UPDATE - FEBRUARY 2021
The water mitigation system was installed in the furnace room, trombone room and at the parsonage. Hopefully, we are one step closer to eradicating the water issue in the basements.
Chair, Board of Trustees
- We are currently soliciting bids for painting of the sanctuary ceilings.
- The Trustees are reviewing and prioritizing several other projects and hope to complete them this year.
- Special thanks to Gary Kingery for all the work he has done, and for overseeing various projects this past year.
- Thanks also to Mike Barnes (Vice-Chair) and Heather Wellach (Secretary) joining me as Board of Trustees officers for the year ahead.
Chair, Board of Trustees
RECYCLE YOUR INK CARTRIDGES
PRAYER OF SERVANTHOOD
O God, our help in ages past, our hope for years to come. We give you thanks for your constant presence. Through seasons of constancy and change, you are with us, calling us out of ourselves into the world to serve others. Grant that we may be united in love for each other and for those we haven’t yet met. Grant us wisdom, patience, and perseverance as we work through the details and challenges of the ministry you have placed before us. Continue, O Lord, to bless the work of our hands. Bless the work of our hands.